Saturday, April 19, 2008

Legend's Field



Tonight the Tall Drink of Water, his brother and I went to George Steinbrenner stadium in Tampa to watch the Tampa Yankees take-on the Lakeland Flying Tigers.

I gotta say, it was pretty awesome. We sat behind the dugout so the boys could potentially catch fly-balls (they didn't) and so omgHelmetSundae could check out the strapping young players (she did).

The weather was beautiful, the moon was full and though there were no helmet sundaes to be had (outrage!), it was fun to watch big league hopefuls take the field. Watching talented young athletes is one of my favorite things to do, and it somehow seemed more pure than watching the Reds.

Besides that, I thought they played better ball the most of the Reds, but that's just me.

Anyway, couldn't tell ya who won. I ended up rooting for both teams at various points (why pick one when there are two?!) but I think TDW (or his brother) at one point said there was a great "pitcher's duel" happening, so maybe no one scored.

1 comment:

Dan said...

You guys are getting a lot of baseball games in - nice! Get some R & R in too, okay? The Reds need you fully rested when you get back.